Work with us
Managing Director SCF
SCF – founded in 2011 – is a Dutch non-profit organisation focused on promoting sustainable production and consumption using a wide range of interventions from grant funding for grassroots organisations through to equity investments in high growth businesses. SCF is part of a wider group of impact initiatives founded by a single family office.
SCF is currently looking for a Managing Director who will take a leading role in developing the organisation’s strategy in its two key sectors of interest: sustainable agriculture and regenerative travel.
SCF supports organisations that directly implement development programs and builds long-term partnerships with them. These organisations could be international NGOs, local NGOs, community-based organisations or social enterprises. Secondly, SCF invests in highly impactful investment funds aligned with our specific sector focus areas. In addition, SCF makes direct investments in highly scalable businesses in developing countries that generate significant impact.
SCF has the following objectives for the coming years:
- – Continue to develop our existing portfolio of investments and partnerships ensuring alignment with SCF’s sector strategy.
- – Build a network of specialised partnerships with the aim to collaborate, learn, share knowledge and inspire others.
- – Foster and spread ‘globally best’ practices and solutions, making them widely available to other organisations (open source).
- – Scale impact by fostering collaboration and cross-learning.
SCF’s team is primarily based in Europe and the US (with a small operational team in Tanzania and Guatemala), whilst our geographical area of focus for interventions is Latin America and East Africa.
The location for this position will be in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The Managing Director will manage the team which currently consists of 6 people and will act as the main liaison with the other initiatives of the founding family. The Managing Director will be supervised by the non-executive Board of Directors and report directly to the CEO of the family office.
The Managing Director’s key responsibilities will include:
- – Team direction and leadership for both grants and investment team to fulfil SCF’s overall mission with a view to further building capacity and growing the team.
- – SCF strategy development, including clear measurable objectives, budgets, funding strategies and timelines, including a 3- or 5-year plan to increase impact.
- – Responsibility for the performance of the overall investment portfolio, including fund, direct and co-investments.
- – Provision of oversight of our partnership activities in addition to leadership to the team during implementation.
- – Cooperation with associated teams that bring value-added capabilities to our portfolio and network.
- – Orchestrate effective communication with the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will have:
- – Demonstrable relevant leadership experience of 10+ years;
- – Experience in managing and executing impact investments including living in, or frequent travelling to, developing countries;
- – Experience in managing multi-stakeholder partnerships or projects;
- – Master’s Degree in Business Administration, International Development or similar discipline;
- – Specialized education in finance, impact investing, social finance is valued.
- – Passionate and committed to development and social impact;
- – Self-starter, critical thinker, committed to results;
- – Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- – Discreet and of the utmost integrity, adheres to the highest ethical standards and has a strong moral compass;
- – Proficiency level English; good level of Spanish is valued.
A competitive package including a market rate base salary.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com