Work with us
SCF - founded in 2011 - is a non-profit organisation which supports impact first organisations with the vision to create opportunities while reimagining sustainable production and consumption for a better world. SCF is part of a wider group of impact initiatives founded by a single family office.
Managing Director SCF
SCF is looking for a Managing Director who will further develop SCF’s organisation in its focus on sustainable agriculture and regenerative travel. The main focus is to increase our impact by accelerating SCF impact capabilities through collaboration and co-creation.
SCF supports organisations that directly implement development programs and builds long-term partnerships with them. These organisations could be international NGOs, local NGOs, community-based organisations or social enterprises. Secondly, SCF invests in highly impactful investment funds aligned with our specific sector focus on sustainable agriculture and regenerative tourism. In addition, SCF makes direct investments in highly scalable businesses in developing countries that generate significant impact.
SCF has the following objectives for the coming years:
- – Build a portfolio of investments and partnerships that are aligned with SCF’s sector strategy.
- – Build a network of specialised partnerships with the aim to collaborate, learn, share knowledge and inspire others.
- – Foster and spread ‘globally best’ solutions, making them widely available to other organisations (open source).
- – Scale impact by fostering collaboration and cross-learning.
The geographical focus of SCF is Latin America and East Africa, with our team being based in Spain, Netherlands and the USA. The location for this position will be in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The Managing Director will manage the team which currently consists of 6 people and will act as the main liaison with the other initiatives of the founding family. The Managing Director will be supervised by the non-executive Board of Directors and report directly to the CEO of the family office.
The Managing Director’s key responsibilities will include:
- – The Managing Director’s main responsibility is to provide direction and leadership to fulfil SCF’s mission.
- – Develop the SCF strategy, including clear measurable objectives, budgets, funding strategies and timelines, including a 3- or 5-year plan to increase impact.
- – Be responsible for the performance of the overall investment portfolio, including fund, direct and co-investments.
- – Maintain oversight over our partnership activities and provide primary leadership to the team during implementation.
- – Foster cooperation with associated teams that bring value-added capabilities to our portfolio and network.
- – Lead, develop and motivate the SCF team with the view to further grow the team to build capacity.
- – Orchestrate effective communication with the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will have:
- – Demonstrable relevant leadership experience of 10+ years;
- – Experience in managing and executing impact investments including living in, or frequent travelling to, developing countries;
- – Experience in managing multi-stakeholder partnerships or projects.
- – Master’s Degree in Business Administration, International Development or similar discipline.
- – Specialized education in finance, impact investing, social finance is valued.
- – Passionate and committed to development and social impact;
- – Self-starter, critical thinker, committed to results;
- – Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- – Discreet and of the utmost integrity, adheres to the highest ethical standards and has a strong moral compass;
- – Proficiency level English; good level of Spanish is valued.
A competitive package including a market rate base salary.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org